Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Feel the tide turning

I feel the tide turning... I look to the future and know that there are great things ahead. I have to believe that good people get what they deserve and that there is justice in this world. No more worrying and waiting. It's done and over, we will do what we feel is best, as we've always done.


I'm at peace knowing that I have so many blessings in my life. All the hard work will pay off. It already has. Everything I've ever dreamt for is what I already have, I'm embracing it.



Life is hard. Life as a full time working mother is harder. But, I've come to realize that by working, I'm able to give Aden things he wouldn’t other wise have. I don’t mean material things such as toys and clothes, although those things are nice too. I mean James and I are able to provide him with a home in a great school district, without both of our incomes, that simply would not be possible. So, if I'm working to simply pay for a home and the other very basic needs of our family, I'm okay with that.

Even though I'm working all those hours, at the end of the day, when I go to pick him up, I hear him run to the door saying "Mama Mama Mama” and it's all worth it.

There are things that get put on the back burner when you are as busy as we are. For instance.... the relationship that you had with your husband, before mother/fatherhood was in the picture. I'm proud to say that my relationship with my wonderful, handsome husband is alive and thriving. We made a conscious decision to make time for each other, and to make the time we get alone count. And it's working, we have lunch at the park together when the weather is nice, we make the time we have in the car to and from work count... We just took a step back from all the stress to see the bigger picture and the reason for it all...our love.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is.....

Screw the B/S from situations we can not control.

 It's okay to be a working mother, my son still loves me and I'm still his favorite person no matter what.

Making time to nurture and care for the love that brought this all together is well worth it..


Like falling in love all over again.



4 comments:

Megan Brown said...

Ohhh, I love this. So positive, so nice to read! :-) I love your little family.

Unknown said...

I love you Im so very happy for yall

Brynn said...

Love you too sister!!

AWF said...

Love it :) If there is love, nothing can stop it!