Wednesday, September 18, 2013

7 weeks 4 Days

Although I havent utitilized this blog in about ...2 years, I figure this next chapture in ours lives calls for some sort of written documentation. I'm pregnant. 7 weeks and 4 days to be exact. Sure we've been TTC for about 6 months, but the shock of the two pink lines was still disarming. The thoughts of my two miscarraiges come flooding back, however unwelcome I tell myself they are. It's still there, the panic and worry. I over analyis every sympotom or lack there of. Speaking of symptoms my current sympotoms are mild neasea that tends to become much more profound after eating. Eating a large meal nowdays is out of the question. I've only vomited in the morning while brushing my teeth, but have had a constant neausea most days that has me wanting to vomit. With Aden I was very neaseas if I had an empty stomach at all. It seems to be the opposite with this one. We havent made the news public yet...waiting till around week 10 or so... or until I see/ hear a heartbeat. James and I have decided the best route to go to acheive a natural vbac birth is in a free standing birth center with a midwife. My first appoinement with Dinah will be next week, Oct. 3rd. From what I understand the first appointment with a midwife will be much different than my former, typical OB visits. A typical OB prenatal initial visit would include an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. The midwife will go off my LMP. This unsettles me for one reason only. I wont get to hear the heart beat this time. It kills me. I need to see or hear it. But I know this is the best route for my baby and myself. I should be able to start hearing the heart beat at around 10 wks via doppler.

No comments: